- You will receive a body. Quickly peek at yourself in the mirror. Better still admire your pictures preferably starting with the ones from your childhood, school days , college days, wedding time…. Have you noticed how you have grown? If you need to improve on you physical self, what is stopping you? Learn to love your body and you will take care of it better.
- You will learn lessons. Each day brings about new learning. It is a mixed bag; exciting, boring, painful, fun filled. How you learn from the lessons of life will make a qualitative difference to your daily living and your attitude and your circle of influence. Let the bitter lessons make you better and the exciting lessons motivate you.
- There are no Mistakes; only lessons.Mistakes are what we label those efforts that are not channelized right. In life no effort goes waste for it is the fount of all learning and so there are no mistakes only lessons from which we learn. If you stub your toe, is it a mistake? If you choose to attempt something dangerous and fail is that a mistake? If you decide to be a silent spectator instead of an active participant is that a mistake?
- A lesson is repeated until it is learned.This is the reason we keep repeating our mistakes for the lesson is not fully imbibed by us. If failure is a bitter lesson, success is a lesson in seeing hard work and effort pay off. Along the way there are lessons learnt from frustrations, irritation, patience, annoyance, disappointments and the like.
- Learning lessons does not end.Just when you think you have mastered something, you are faced with a new test. It could be handling people, coping with personal and professional challenges, sudden changes in social, professional or personal environment.
- ‘There’ is no better than ‘Here’An old adage that states that the ‘grass is greener on the other side’ sums it up all. No matter what we strive for or attain, when we look back each moment of our life has its own significance. While our riches and successes add luster to our life, we often lapse into the recess of our ‘good old days’ too. Don’t we all nostalgically look back to the days gone by?
- Others are merely mirrors of you.While your individuality is unique, the reality is that we have much more in common with each other than what we can imagine. Each one of us shares the same emotions and express ourselves in ways much like others. In liking or disliking others we are merely mirroring an image that we consciously or unconsciously have imbibed. The same is true of everyone else. Isn’t it time we made and effort to imbibe the best and thereby reflect the best in us and simultaneously learn to see the good in others?
- What you make of your life is up to you.People, circumstances and luck are labels we give to justify our success or failures in life. The truth is that it is up to us to gravitate towards the right people, chance upon the right circumstances and make the best of every opportunity that comes our way. As Longfellow says ‘We are the captain of our ship, the master of our fate’
- The answers lie inside you.Far too often we ask the wrong questions and alas we end up with frustrating answers. We crave for what we do not have, pine for what we do not deserve and can conjure up a million excuses to justify ourselves. Ask yourself ‘what is it that I am seeking’ and presto you will see the way forward, grasp the truth and suddenly your life will light up too.
- Whether you think you can or can’t, in either case you will be right.To sum it all up, it is all in your mind. Think right, feel right, live right is the message.
So there is no better time than now to grasp the truth, face the reality and rework on your life and make it a journey of happiness and fulfillment.
- Have a relook at your New Year Resolution and if you don’t have one, get down to writing it down. For reference look up the immediate preceding post.
- If not in one sentence, at least in 3- 5 sentences can you write down your personal ‘mission’ statement.
- Out of the above 10 truths, pick the one truth that appeals the most to you and make it your ‘statement of purpose’ for the coming year.
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our Inspirational and Motivational Blog