As we near the end of the year it is perhaps an ideal time to look back and review the happenings in our personal life. Perhaps the three most important aspects of our life that we need to pay attention to are our relationships, our lifestyle and our job. Ideally no matter how each of those aspects of our life is, in an ideal world we would try to remain happy with the cards we are dealt. In fact most times we try our best to adjust to the situation even if we are not very happy it partly because we worry about loss of face, partly because we fear change but largely because the world around us expects us to have a perfect life. It is also true that finding an alternative is challenging, making a decision to change is tougher but the toughest part is to admit to ourselves that we have to let it go if we are merely suffering in the relationship, lifestyle or job.
It is obvious that any drastic decision to be taken regarding any aspect of life has to be examined thoroughly, given sufficient time and effort so as to be sure it is not working out and then a firm decision taken if the surgery is to be done. Here are a few questions that one needs to honestly answer before you conclude that something important to you is not making you happy and that you have to let it go and cut it off from your life.
- Is it really important to me?
- Can I do without it?
- How much am I responsible for not making it work for me?
- I am being fair in my judgment?
- What are the alternatives that I believe will work best for me?
- How / what can I do to remedy the situation?
- Should I seek another opinion before I give up?
- Once I give up would I ever regret it?
The above are just suggestive questions and depending on each individual situation, one must ask the appropriate questions and more importantly objectively analyze the answers.
You must begin the change you want and you must reflect the change too.
Begin the New Year afresh with hope, dreams and passion.
- List out 3- 5 changes you plan to bring in your life in the coming year. E.g. getting rid of a bad habit or inculcating a good habit
- Outline three relationships you will attempt to strengthen in the coming year.
- What is the one new thing you will dare to attempt in the coming year.
- What is the one question that you seek an answer to?
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our Inspirational and Motivational Blog