At the outset let me thank each one of my readers and blog followers for having supported this blog and crossing 1,00,000 views. A special word of thanks to the 661 followers of the blog. For those who do not know, I started this blog on 1st Jan 2010 and kept a target of writing one post a day. I did manage around 340 posts in 2010, but cut down drastically thereafter. I am just delighted that so many of you send in your feedback or write in to me with their comments. Thank you friends!
Obviously, I was keen to mark this historic moment with something special but was not getting a lucky break or a fabulous idea. However a couple of days back a close friend sent me an email containing quotes in the form of posters and immediately I knew that this was the answer to my prayers. So starting today for the next 40 odd posts I would be using the contents of these posters as the central theme. I would also try to be more brief as regards the post contents. This is in deference to the wishes of a handful of good friends whose feedback I value. Your feedback would be most appreciated.
Rule 1. – If you do not GO after what you want, you’ll never have it.
- To get what you want you must know what you want.
- Write down your passions, whittle it down to your goals.
- Ensure you have a time frame to achieve the goals.
- Have a detailed action plan with indicators to ensure that your are on track.
- If you have read so far, start implementing what you have read. GO !!
Rule 2. If you do not ASK the answer will always be NO
- Following Rule 1 and implementing is a good beginning to follow Rule 2.
- Remember you cannot do it all on your own- so might as well ask others to help out
- While you might occasionally get NO as an answer, to get that YES you must ask.
Rule 3. If you do not step forward you will always be in the same place.
- Begin by having a firm point of view on issues.
- Try and express yourself so that you are heard and noticed.
- As you progress be more decisive and stand up to be counted.
- Have you tried a different cuisine?
- Ever made friends with a foreigner ?
- Ever tried fund raising for a worthy cause by seeking out sponsors?
- Visit an orphanages/ home for the aged/ prison / mental hospital/ hospice
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our Inspirational and Motivational Blog