There is just one life for each of us: our own. Euripides
When a million sperms have jostled with each other to become YOU, it is imperative that you realize that you are one in a million. Irrespective of your family antecedents, your economic background, your social and cultural upbringing it is YOU that matters. When seen from this perspective you also need to recognize that YOUR life is the only life that you must worry about and one you do that living becomes a beautiful dance in the rain. Is this a selfish way to look at life? Definitely not! If you just take care of your life, it means that you will take care of all your aspirations, your interests and of all those who you love.
There are varied dimensions of one’s life that one has to pay attention to. The mental and physical aspect is nurtured very often by ones parents and teachers in formative years and later by our own pursuit of excellence in whatever we care to do. While intellect and hard work help in attaining excellence in academics it is the inner drive and focus that will enable one to chart one’s life towards attain a worthy goal. As we grow older we realize that it is our independent decision making that has a marked influence on the quality of life we lead. We are always spoilt for choice in real life and it is our skill in selecting the right choices that determines are progress and happiness.
Often there are many testing times when we stand on the cross roads of life and are unable to select the way forward. It is here that our personal vision, our value system and our courage of conviction come into play and helps us to take the right step forward. Many a time, our decisions will be at cross purposes to what the world at large sees as the right way ahead, but when it is your life only you know where you want to go and how to reach it. Take the case of a bright young MBA who l craves to join the army. When he is selected his joy knows no bounds for that was his passion though the world at large may not see it in the same way. Imagine that shortly after he joins he is killed in combat; that is when the society at large will whisper aloud that he made a wrong choice; but then it was his life and it was his OWN choice.
Remember: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman
- Ask yourself if you had a choice of another life what are three things you would love to pursue other than what you are doing right now? Do you think you can pursue at least one of those things in the immediate future? Make a plan to accomplish it and execute it at the earliest.
- Ask yourself what is the one realistic wish in your life that remains unfulfilled. Now work out a plan to realistically achieve it. It could be meeting a favorite film star or sports personality or it could be buying a bigger home or going on a overseas tour.
- On 1st April 2010 the try these section had asked you to do a visualization exercise. If you have done that, then here is the tip to utilize the learning more profitably.
- Did you even attempt to buy a lottery ticket when you visualized yourself winning the grand prize? You can’t just day dream and hope to win a prize, you need to take proactive steps.
- If you have worked out an allocation for your winnings, simply scale it down to your current monthly savings and start allocating the savings to the original utilization plans. Eg. If your saving is USD 1,000 then allocate it in the same proportion that you would if you had got USD 1000000. Hopefully some of your dreams will come true in time if you start now.
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our WEEKLY Inspirational and Motivational Blog www.poweract.blogspot.com